Thursday, September 2, 2010






So this is the demo reel opening I did for this green screen studio I (sort of) interned at over the summer. I haven't had electricity for several days so I have nothing new created so figured I would post this and talk about it.

I did this in about three hours, the text and cameras were modeled and animated in maya and the goo was simulated in realflow, everything was rendered in mental ray.

Shaders- I used MIA_material_X_passes using Fresnel reflections for the lights and another MIA material with the plastic preset for the goo. Everything else was an occlusion pass because I am really lazy and they weren't paying me. I was going to have the lights assemble themselves from parts flying in from off screen using a particle system but once again, I had better stuff to do so I did it really quickly in after effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment