Monday, September 6, 2010

Chris Angel called. He said he wants his set back.


This is the result of my desire to attempt to render a fabric-like material, use many extrusions along curves and a highly shiny and reflective surface. What I intended to be an abstract assemblage of objects has manifested somehow as the set for a Las Vegas magic show. Or Cher concert.

I spent most of my time fiddling with all the sliders for the lights and rendering nodes. Learning to tweak the dropoff for spotlights and also changing the ambient colors for blinn rendering nodes were key to creating the effects in the image above.

I wonder if there is a more controlled way to position camera than simply panning and orbiting around a view? I used the 'Look Through Camera' command to position the spotlights - can this be used to aim actual cameras in a more controlled way?

No comments:

Post a Comment