Monday, September 13, 2010

Contemporary Living Room_Chris Bohlen



I created an environment that I found to be very pleasing. I was mainly going for a living space that a person might like to come home to after a very long and stressful day at work. I basically just wanted to build a scene that has a certain tranquility to it as an attempt to relax myself. I created this scene with minimal UV mapping. As far as the lighting goes, I think I out did myself this time. I can honestly say that I have never gotten such a natural effect in any of my past projects with Maya. I used an ambient light to illuminate the outside image and one by the art piece on the wall in the house (which is also a piece of my artwork). Lastly, I placed a spotlight pointed directly towards the couch to create a natural looking sunlight and turned on "global illumination" to even everything out. I wanted most of the elements in this scene to have a little piece of me in them (that is why I chose to use my own art and photographs).

No comments:

Post a Comment