Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bastet's Hairball









Bastet is the ancient Egyptian feline cat goddess, and I wanted to depict a scene of a tremendous artifact left behind by a god, back when the classical depictions of gods were of tremendous proportions (although that is more of a greek depiction, I am taking artistic liscence). So I made this giant hairball that is left behind by an enourmous cat goddess.

I used Joe alter's shave and a haircut for this assignment, and I took a while to learn it before I just jumped in so I didn't have enough time to really polish this like I would have wanted- I don't think the scale of the object is appparent, I didn't have time to implement more things that could define the scale (pyramids etc).

The fur and the ground is in 3d, the sky and the extreme background are stock images under the CC liscence, rendered in maya software, color correction and compositing in photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment