Sunday, September 12, 2010

Clown Performing


Ok, so this week I built a clown. I keep trying to do more serious looking scenes, and they keep coming out very cute looking, so I thought I'd try playing to that a little more this time.

My biggest surprise working on this one was that ambient lights don't illuminate materials created with sub-surface scattering...


I think this is the shot where I got the most out of the subsurface scattering material. Overall I was just not very impressed with this material though.


I did a lot of experimenting with lighting for this assignment.



In the end, I most liked the spot light for stark dramatic stage lighting of the circus, blended with an area light as a fill, and one very faint ambient light to bring the clothing up a touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment