Monday, September 6, 2010

Infection



I wanted to show a colony of bacteria swimming around in an ambiguous environment. I was hoping to get a menacing, impending doom sort of feel. I had issues getting the textures the way that I wanted them. It seemed as though not having a light was affecting the way my materials were showing up in my render.



This image is the same as the first one, only I played with the curve in photoshop to get a slightly different color/feel going on.



This last image is just to show my failed first attempt at modeling. My bacteria had way too many polys and after I put a few smooths on it they made my computer sound like it wanted to die. I couldn't get a render out at all so I took a screen shot. When I started over with the modeling I think I did a better job because I had already tried it once. It still might be too much. Ideally I wanted to have tons of bacteria in the scene but it really started slowing down my computer.

If I were to continue working on this I would really like to show the internal structure of the bacteria and have the outer structure be semi transparent. I tried using ramp shaders to try to have the effect of it being orange on the inside with a brighter yellow along the edges but couldn't get the effect I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment