Monday, September 13, 2010

Butcher shop

directional


spotlight


point

I became really frustrated with this piece when it came to applying UV maps to models I had made by extruding. For some reason, any texture would stretch on pieces that I had extruded, which made it difficult for creating a realistic looking pig (the pink blob on the table).
I finally stopped after a few hours and figured that we'd talk more about UV map editing in future classes.

I had no problems with setting up lights. It was quiet interesting working with the point light to creating the candlelight.

*Edit- Another problem I did run in to is that when I went to render, I no longer have mental ray as an option, just Maya Software, Maya Hardware and Maya Vector. How did I (or did I) turn mental ray off? And how can I turn it back on again?

No comments:

Post a Comment