Monday, August 30, 2010

Cilia

For the extrusion exercise I decided to recreate a scene I struggled with last semester: the ciliated epithelia of the trachea. I felt much more control using the extrude tool in Maya was able to quickly create a population of cilia by extruding adjacent faces from a simple plane geometry. I wanted to convey a sense of movement and depth and think that if I add in the players, the pollen molecules which are propelled forward by the cilia, it will contribute to a stronger suggestion of action within the scene. To be continued ?!??

2 comments:

  1. These make me think of sea anemone too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! any chance of getting a tutorial or advice on how to re-create this (maya newbie) for a project i am working on? I am more than happy to acknowledge original author.

    ReplyDelete